Backup of V2R Reader Data
How to backup your data?
- The export of all contacts at once is available in VCF format (vCard 3.0) by email.
The vCard format allows to put virtually any number of contacts into one singly vCard.
In the course of exporting several contacts in vCard, only the textual information is included.
The same is true when e.g. all contacts from one company are selected by a search; also such a set will be exported i one file.
For exporting all contacts, click in "My Cards" on the pencil symbol in the upper right.
Then "Export all" is shown. Activating that puts all contacts into one VCF file, and calls the mail app with this file as attachment.
- The export of single contacts uses the same VCF format.The generated mail contains the textual data in the message body. The same data are in the attached vCard. And the picture of the scanned card is included.
You find the export option for single cards in "My Cards", when you wipe one card to the left. Alternatively in the horizontal contact list which you access when you click on a card in "My Cards".
- The Export by SMS is not really a backup, but a simple way to forward single contacts. The SMS contains only name, phone numbers, company and address.
- Many mail software, contact and address management tools as well as CRM systems can import data in VCF format. Besides that, there are several free converters (MAC and PC) from VCF to CSV, so that the data import is possible into virtually any software.
- An export towards the iPhone contacts is possible, but it's not done automatically - the user shall be in control which contacts are put into the iPhone phonebook.
Last update: 18.02.2016